07 Mar 2021
How to prepare fish stew.
- Place the garlic cloves and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a mortar and pestle,and mash to a paste.
- Add the anchovy fillets and mash with the garlic.
- Heat the olive oil over medium heat in a large,heavy soup hot or Dutch oven.
- Add the onion,celery and carrot with 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- Cook until the onion is tender about five minutes.
- Add the pureed garlic and anchovy.
- Cook until the mixture is very fragrant,about one minute,and then add tomatoes.
- Stir until the tomatoes have cooked down abit and the mixture smells aromatic,about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Add water,potatoes,salt and the bouquet garni.
- Turn the heat to low,cover partially and simmer 30 minutes.Taste,adjust salt and add pepper to taste,remove the bouquet garni.
- Season the fish with salt and pepper,and stir into the soup. The soup should not be boiling.
- Simmer 5 to 10 minutes or just until it flakes easily when poked,remove from the heat,stir in the parsley,taste once more,adjust seasonings and serve.