30 Mar 2021
How to prepare Somali sambusas.
- Package spring roll wrappers.
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- 2 pounds ground beef.
- Leek chopped.
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin.
- 2 teaspoons ground cardamom.
- 1 teaspoon of salt.
- 1 small onion,finely chopped.
- 1 clove garlic minced.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add onions,leek and garlic,and cook,stirring until the onions are transparent.
- Add ground beef,and cook until about halfway.
- Season with lumin,cardamom,salt and pepper.
- Mix well and continue cooking until beef has browned.
- In a small dish or cup,mix together the flour and water to make a thin paste.
- Using one wrapper at a time,fold into the shape of a cone.
- Fill the cone with the meat mixture,close the top,and seal with the paste.
- Repeat until wraps or filling are used up.
- Heat the oil to 365°F(170°C) in a deep-fryer of deep heavy pot.There should be enough oil to submerge the wraps.
- Fry the sambusa a few at time until golden brown.
- Remove carefully to drain on paper towels.